Privacy Policies effective October 12, 2009
This is a General Motors Company ("GM") sponsored site. To view General Motors Company’s privacy statement click here: http://www.gm.com/privacy/#scope.
GM will have access to your name and other personal information you enter here. GM dealers and third parties will also have access to personal information you enter here and your browsing activities on this page in order to provide you the dealer locator services you are requesting. The role of each party is explained below and links to applicable privacy statements are provided.
Collection and Use of Your Information by GM
Information Directed to Our Dealers
When you complete a form on this website to ask a question of or request a quote from a GM dealer, the information you submit is forwarded by GM to the GM dealer you selected. Each GM dealer is independent of GM and the dealer you direct your communication to will have its own privacy statement. Please contact the dealer or visit the dealer’s website for more information on its privacy practices.
Changes to these Privacy Policies or Statements
This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 12, 2009
In connection with your transaction, Lewes Auto Mall, LLC may obtain information about you as described in this notice, which we handle as stated in this notice. This does not apply to information obtained in a non-financial transaction.
1. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
2. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services or other functions on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may make such disclosures about you as a consumer, customer, or former customer.
3. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you as a consumer, customer, or former customer, to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
4. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Personal Information FactsTable Of Contents:
• Our Commitment To Privacy
• The Types of Information That We Collect
• How We Collect Personal Information
• The Way We Use Personal Information
• What are Your Choices
• Security of Personal Information
• Personal Information From Children
• Third-Party Websites
• How To Contact Us
The Types of Information That We CollectIf you contact us or provide it to us, we may collect and store information including, for example, your name, address(es), phone number(s), and e-mail address(es). We also may collect information concerning your vehicle. In order to make payments through LewesAutoMall.com, you must provide credit card or debit card information. LewesAutoMall.com does not store your credit card or debit card information after an on-line merchandise order has been processed, although the dealership may store such information if given in connection with a vehicle deposit. Because of the way that World Wide Web communication standards work, when you arrive or leave our site, we automatically receive the Web address of the site that you came from or are going to. The information we collect also includes, for example, which pages of our Web site you visit, the type of browser you use, and the times you access our site.
How We Collect Personal InformationThe information we learn from customers helps us provide you with products and services, and allows us to personalize and continually improve the LewesAutoMall.com experience. The types of information we gather include:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and may store information you enter on our Web site or provide to us by using our site, through registration, login, e-mail, or otherwise. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may limit your ability to utilize many of our site’s features. Examples of information we may gather from you include your name, address, phone number(s), email address(es), vehicle and credit card or debit card information.
• Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources and store it in our information database, including from telephone inquiries, e-mail, or store visits.
The Way We Use Personal Information:We use the information that you provide us to communicate with you, to customize and personalize your LewesAutoMall.com experience, and to process your requests for products and services. We also use the computer and internet generated information mentioned above to try to understand our customers’ preferences better and to manage the load on our servers, so as to improve our service and your experience with LewesAutoMall.com.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of renting or selling it to others. We share customer information only as we deem appropriate to respond to and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, as permitted by law. This may include, for example, sharing your information with third-party credit and debit card processors and IT vendors.
What Are Your ChoicesYou can choose not to provide any personal information to LewesAutoMall.com or any Lewes Auto Mall entity, to not use this website to contact us, and to not place any deposits or order any merchandise. If you choose to provide such information, we may from time-to-time contact you by e-mail, phone, or mail regarding our products and services. If you do not want to receive such communications, simply tell us that when you give us your personal information. Also, at any time you can edit your merchandise account information to no longer receive such offers and contacts in connection with that account. You also may choose to reject cookies, as mentioned above. If you choose to reject all cookies, some parts of our site may not work properly in your case.
Security of Personal InformationWe use reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example, we secure the transmission of sensitive information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, and we utilize the services of an industry-leading online payment solution. Information you send us via the internet is not necessarily secure against interception from hackers. There are security and privacy limitations of the internet which are beyond our reasonable control; the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information exchanged between us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and any such information may be viewed or tampered with by a third-party, including when in transit.
Personal Information from ChildrenLewesAutoMall.com does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 18 or send them requests for Personal Information. Children under the age of 18 should not submit any personal information to or through LewesAutoMall.com or place orders on LewesAutoMall.com.